An introduction, of sorts.



Hi everyone! My name is Andrea and I live in Northern Canada in the Yukon. I have been wanting to start a blog for quite some time now, but always manage to talk myself out of it. I finally decided it’s time to bite the bullet and just do it! I hope to post several times a week (at the very least, once per week). I’ve worked out a tentative posting schedule for myself, but I don’t want to share it until I work out the kinks and see what’s going to work for me. What type of blog is this? A bit of everything. I’m going to focus mainly on beauty and fashion, but will include some posts about books and writing, my weight-loss journey, and hopefully some travel in there too.  I really like Ashley’s idea of doing a Weekly Dose: Favourite & least favourite products of the week; best read; latest purchase; wishlist addition. I think I’m going to steal this idea from her thanks Ashley! but might switch it up a bit.
Now, to get to know me a bit better I’ve decided to do a couple tags I’ve seen out in blogland. I’ll start out with the This or That tag! 

Blush or Bronzer?
 Definitely blush. I love bronzer, especially as a bigger girl, but I'm still not confident enough in my contouring that I can do away with bronzer if need be. 

Lipgloss or Lipstick?
Lipstick. I love the look of lipgloss, but I find myself reaching more for lipsticks (or Baby Lips, really) than anything else.
Chapstick or Lip Butter?
I love me some lip butters. Chapstick brand, on the other hand, tends to dry my lips right out. Ick.

Matte or Sparkle Eye Shadow?
If it was a straight-up shimmer, that would win hands down. But gotta go with matte over sparkle.

Gel, Liquid, Cream, or Pencil Eyeliner?
I really like the wear of Gel, but am not very proficient in my usage of it. I reach for pencil more often than not.

Foundation or Concealer?
I don't have too many problem areas that foundation won't take care of; I do have quite uneven skin tone, however, so I have to go with foundation.

Liquid or Powder Foundation?
The only powder foundations I've used have made me look super oily, so liquid it is for me.

Neutral or Statement Eyes?
 I like the idea of statement eyes, but since I wear neutral so often I feel self-conscious when I go for the statement look. Neutral is definitely my go-to.

Pressed or Loose shadows?
Right now I own a lot of loose shadows, but I definitely prefer pressed.

Waterproof or Non Waterproof?
I never used to be able to get away with non waterproof because my eyes water from anything - and I mean anything - and because I'm such a yawn-monster! Lately I've been using Cover Girl's Clump Crusher non-waterproof and it doesn't budge at all. Much easier to remove, too!

Brushes, Sponges, or Fingers?
Brushes. Definitely brushes.

Powder, Cream, or Liquid Highlighter?
I've only used a powder, so that's my uneducated pick for now.


I hope you enjoyed this get-to-know-me post, keep your eyes peeled for another post soon :)

2 comments:

Natalie Loves Beauty said...

Ahh so exciting! Welcome to the blogosphere Andrea, it's so much fun!! Looking forward to getting to know you through your blog! :D xx

Andrea said...

Thanks Natalie! I'm excited to be part of the blogging world from the blogger side, as opposed to the reader side :)

Post a Comment


up