MUA Makeup Academy Haul

I recently put an order in with MUA MAkeup Academy, and the products arrived today. I was so excited, I opened it up at work (I had the package delivered there because our mail is so bad here, at least I can guarantee a drop-off at work)! The items I bought were
 Gel Eyeliner in Tribe for £2,  Undressed Palette (touted to be an Urban Decay Naked Palette dupe) for £3, Mosaice Blusher in English Rose for £1.5, Love Heart Lip Balms in Hot Lips for £1, Facial Primer for £3, Extreme Felt Liner in Black for £1.50, Dusk til Dawn Palette for £4, Eye Primer for £2.50, and Pro-Base Makeup Fixing Mist for £5. The order arrived fairly quickly (I ordered it on April 3): definitely a plus! On to the swatches:

The first 3 items I didn't swatch, but we'll call them my bases. I have the facial primer, the eye primer, and fixing mist. I didn't open up any of these yet, so no impressions on them yet.

Next we have the blush and the lip balm.




The blush is a lovely mixture of pinks, browns, and a bit of purple thrown in. When mixed together it creates a beautiful corally-pink shade that has a slight glow to it (not too shimmery, just glowy) that I think will look lovely on the cheeks. The lip balm, I must admit, I tried out at work and it gives a nice wash of color. It has a light vanilla scent, but it is not cloying at all.






Next up are the eyeshadow palettes. The main reason I put in an order is because of A Brunette Duet's post on the Undressed Palette, showing the similarities between this and the Urban Decay Naked Palette

I didn't want to swatch all the colors, so I swatched the following (MUA doesn't name their colors, they're just numbered 1-12 from top left to bottom right):

9 (teal), 11 (purple), 10 (sparkley black/grey)               1 (matte highlight), 2 (nude), 4 (tan), 6 (gold)
4 (matte highlight), 3 (matte warm brown)                    7 (bronze), 10 (dark brown), 11 (black)
                                                                                        all colors swatched, except 1, are shimmery



















All shades were buttery smooth and have excellent color payoff. I can't wait to try out some new eye looks, starting tomorrow!



The final 2 products to share are the eyeliners. The Extreme felt liner in black is shown with one swipe on the left and multiple swipes on the right. It's not very opaque, even with several coats. Hopefully that will prove different on the eye. The gel eyeliner, on the other hand, is very opaque and a vunderbar shimmery teal color. The black eyeliner took some scrubbing to wash off, where the teal came off without any problems at all.





-- Andrea

7 comments:

KatXoXo said...

Everything is so pretty!! That blush is gorgeous!!
You have such a cute blog dear!! Following :)

Andrea said...

Thanks! I wore the blush today (and the undressed palette, and the lip gloss haha) and got tons of compliments :)

RosyChicc said...

Ahhh you got such lovely bits hun! The blush and the eyeshadow palettes are so beautiful, added to my wish list haha! :)) Great post!

XO,
RosyChicc

Beauty Bard said...

That blush looks amazing. I am so picky with blushes, but that seems really neutral and glowy!

Thanks for the review, new follower :)

Andrea said...

Rosy, the eyeshadow is a dream. I've used it every day since I got it!

Beauty Bard, the blush is amazing. My favorite thing about it is that you can make it more pink/purpley, or more peach/coraly depending on where you swirl your brush.

Redrox Cosmetics said...

I love MUA Products. My favorite eyeshadow palette is undress me too. Im in love with this palette.

Andrea said...

Definitey agree, Redrox :)

Post a Comment


up